Members: Bruce Elgort (acting Chair), Nathan Freeman, Vince Shuurman (absent), Ludwig Nastansky, Justin Hill, John Head, Rob Novack, Brent Peters (absent), Scott Johnsen Others Present: Peter Tanner, Niklas Heidloff, Steve


Meeting called to order at 11:00 am ET by Bruce Elgort

Last month’s meeting minutes were approved.

IBM has agreed to allow us to record and make public the recording of the OpenNTF Alliance meetings. Welcome Bruce Elgort, acting Chairman of the OpenNTF Alliance

Elected Scott Johnsen as Secretary of the OpenNTF Alliance.

Meeting Minutes will be published on the blog.

IP Working Group Update by John Head, Peter Tanner

- The group will initially cover 4 topics:

Copyright law education Review the Alliance and the Employee Copyright process documents The project workflow on the site and provide recommendations to steering committee Licensing

- Recommendations to the working group for the first 3 points above on June 5

- Recommendations for licensing will follow sometime after that

Technical Committee Update by Niklas Heidloff and Steve

- Discussion of the number of projects, project releases, code in the code bin, site statistics and number of licenses used on the site.

- Discussion about a new UI for the site, new discussion template and updating the projects.

- Looking for technical help to update the site. (Bruce volunteered to help out.) Strategy Working Group Update – Nathan Freeman

- Communication Policy recommendations are posted in the Strategy Working Group forum

- Discussion about priorities – set a communication policy, define required infrastructure such as working group membership, shared calendars, member profiles, etc.

- Resolved to authorize the Technical Committee (Niklas & Steve) be the public voice of OpenNTF on Social Networking sites (blogs, tweets, etc.) to blog & tweet

- The secretary will have access to the OpenNTF blog to post the meeting minutes

Resolved to make the Chairman of the OpenNTF Alliance the Press Contact of record

Resolved to make the working group discussions databases will have anonymous Reader access and Registered Users Author access until we can distinguish members of a particular working group.

Meeting adjourned at noon ET

Minutes submitted by Scott Johnsen

Next meeting: June 4, 2009

comments powered byDisqus