OpenNTF Alliance Steering Committee Meeting Minutes
September 10, 2009
Conference Call

Members: Vince Schuurman (Chairman), Nathan Freeman, Ludwig Nastansky, Justin Hill, John Head, Brent Peters (absent), Scott Johnsen

Others Present: Peter Tanner, Niklas Heidloff, Steve Castledine, Angus McIntyre

Meeting called to order at 11:00 am ET by Vince Schuurman

August 27, 2009 meeting minutes were approved.

General Business – Vince Schuuman

Resolved: Approve membership application from Kalechi Design
Resolved: Approve membership application from Ytria

IP Working Group - Peter Tanner and John Head

Resolved: Accept the OpenNTF Alliance Antitrust policy

Resolved: Accept John Head as DMCA Agent

John Head will start the process for OpenNTF to become a non-profit. John will plan to update the committee on the September 24, 2009 call.

Technical Committee Update by Niklas Heidloff & Steve Castledine

Last 2 weeks
12 blog entries receiving a total of 1,500 hits on PlanetLotus

The OpenNTF Alliance positive feedback from the community as has been posted on various blogs.

Key statistics
Page visits increased by 13% from 1 year ago.
The number of Visitors has not increased. How can we extend the reach?
New releases – 114 releases first 8 months of 2008
New releases - 185 projects first 8 months of 2009

If you remove the 35 IBM projects and the 30 Google Calendar Sync project updates, the number is flat from 2008.

How can we get more people to contribute code and add that code to the catalogs?
(The only new projects are from Pavone & Lotus 911, otherwise all IBM.)
Ideas: Development contest? Prizes? Lotusphere demo? IBM executives? OpenNTF Session, Lotusphere Admission passes? Can this be part of the Lotusphere awards? Booth at Lotusphere? IBM can furnish the Lotusphere passes, but they cannot pay expenses.

Teamstudio will manage the OpenNTF contest as part of their 3rd Annual Spotlight Awards by adding an OpenNTF category to the contest.

Ideas to help market OpenNTF better
  • Objective: Every Notes user in the world is looking at the catalog. We need to make it easy for Notes users to view the catalog.
  • Video idea – 30 40 second promo and post on YouTube, UKLUG, etc.
  • Call for membership – blog entry for new members and new contributors
  • Give exposure to items in the catalog to the community
  • IP Call to solicit feedback on the contribution process.

New server infrastructure proposal from Gabriella Davis posted on the OpenNTF site. It looks really good. We need to identify the next steps.

What should OpenNTF do at Lotusphere?
  • Booth? Managing this is very tough. Although the presence would be good, it is very tough. IBM will pay for the booth. Niklas and Steve will man the booth. This might be a conflict with their obligations for the “Meet the Developer’s” Lab.
  • Maybe we could have a table in the “Meet the Developer’s” lab.
  • OpenNTF Lounge? Who can arrange this for us? Combined with the “unconference” idea.
  • We need to have our annual meeting there. We need a room/session. Generally Assembly. Invite Alliance and non-alliance members. Reserve seating. Pete Jansen can reserve this room.

  • NOTE: Antitrust is already covered in the Membership Agreement, so accepting this as a stand-alone document is not necessary. The proposal accepting the Antitrust Policy has been withdrawn since it is already part of the Membership Agreement.

    We can install client components via drag and drop. Niklas will demo this capability at the next meeting.

    Meeting adjourned at 12:00 am ET
    Minutes submitted by Scott Johnsen

    Next meeting: September 24, 2009
    11:00 am ET

comments powered byDisqus